A honeymoon will be an unforgettable trip wherever you spend it. And just like any other trips, there are a lot of possibilities that it might go wrong. So make an effort to plan your honeymoon just as you have thoroughly planned every detail of your wedding. It does not have to be flawless just as long as you have a wonderful memory to cherish forever.
Read on for more tips on traveling for your honeymoon.
1. Plan ahead of time. It is best to plan sooner. This will allow you to pick the best location that best fits your budget. Avoid the inconvenience of leaving something behind like an important document. A suited wardrobe is also a must.
2. Geography matters. A factor you should also consider is your location and the location of your destination. If you only have less than a week to spend for your honeymoon, an exotic island abroad like Maldives is probably not an ideal destination. Some locations will require long flights and take over a day of traveling time. You will also have to adjust with the time difference.
3. How much will you be spending? Budget is also a very important factor. How much are you willing to spend? If you have a tight budget, you may search for places, resorts and hotels beforehand that will fit your budget. Airline fares also play a major role. If you regularly travel, save your mileage and use the accumulated mile points.
4. When are you leaving? You may not want leave early in the morning. Or the month of your wedding date will most likely affect your choice of destination. There are places affected with rains or tropical storms during a particular season. You absolutely do not want to spend your week at a resort without enjoying the sun.
5. What type of honeymoon do you both want? What honeymoon experience do you want to have? Do you want it to be an adventure? A relaxation? Or more of a tour? Do you want to spend it at a resort? In a historic place? Or in a romantic city? Communication is very important. Writing down your list of desired destinations then comparing it with each other will surely be a great help.
6. What kind of resort or hotel are you looking for? Some resorts and hotels offer different all-inclusive honeymoon packages for a certain amount or offer complimentary services upon booking like a free romantic dinner, spa massages and breakfast in beds.
7. When do I have to pay? Ask your travel agent. Payments may vary depending on the honeymoon package you have chosen. Airlines require payments for airline tickets within 24 hours after making a reservation.
8. Do I need a VISA? Some destinations may require a VISA. Make inquiries first and get assistance from a travel professional in obtaining a VISA if you should need one. Another important thing, there are countries that require passports that are valid six months after entering their country.
9. Should I need to get a vaccine? Consult with your doctor. Traveling to exotic countries may require you to get a vaccine before the trip. The least you want is contacting some type of disease.
10. Should I get insurance? There are many possible reasons that might lead you to cancel your trip, return earlier than planned or seek medical treatment while on your honeymoon. Protect your travel investment by getting travel insurance. Getting one will also provide you the peace of mind and will surely come handy in times of need.