Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Groom Etiquette 101: Don't Set The Reception Hall On Fire

One piece of basic advice for grooms on their wedding day is: don't set your reception hall on fire. While this may seem like a no-brainer to most, Max Kay of the UK did not heed this advice and purposefully set the 'castle' where he was having his reception ablaze.

Apparently, he and the owners of the castle had been fighting over a late payment which led to the fire starting. Shockingly, the groom had consumed a large amount of vodka, according to the article from The Telegraph, and was going through his own financial struggles. He only added to his financial ruin by doing roughly $9 million in damage to the building. Ouch.